Thursday, April 22, 2010

An Earth Day Poem


O Earth, O Earth, I love you so.
If not for you, where would I go?
My house would not sit on the ground,
But lost in space, would float around.
And if, perchance, I had to pee,
I could not behind a tree.
I could drink no Scotch nor eat a peach,
Nor take a walk upon a beach.
I could not swim nude but in my dreams
Without your oceans, lakes and streams.

For you, I sort my paper and glass,
And support efforts to limit the production of greenhouse gas.

O, Earth, O, Earth, you are so grand!
I love your dirt, your snow, your sand!
I love your bobcats, bears and hawks!
Your birds that chirp and birds that squawk!
I don’t adore your twisters and quakes.
But, still, I think you’re pretty great.
You give me sun, shade and food,
O, Earth, you are so awesome, Dude.


To visit Peter Ullian's Website, click here.

To learn about plays by Peter Ullian, click here.

To find Peter Ullian's "Fan" Page on Facebook, click here.

To follow Peter Ullian on Twitter, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment